Data Archiving is a process of moving old unused requests from the active database into a separate storage state on a routine basis. It is most useful since the application accumulates large volume of closed/resolved requests that may be required for further reference, which, in the long run, hinders the performance of your system.
In ServiceDesk Plus – MSP, Data Archiving is found in the Admin tab under General block.
- Select the check box Enable Schedule Data Archiving.
- Set the parameters of the requests that needs to be archived.
- The Status of the requests.
- Time of creation/closure of the requests.
- If there are any specific requests that need to be retained in the active requests list, select the check box Allow Exception. Set the rules by choosing the parameters (Column Name,Criteria and Value) from the available drop-down boxes. All requests that satisfy the rules will be held within the active list.
- Select the schedule data and time for the archive process. The archiving process will be executed everyday at the scheduled time.
- Save the settings. [ Screenshot ]