MySQL Dump – Back Up Procedure :
1. Open a command prompt and Navigate into <ServiceDeskPlus_MSP>/mysql/bin directory.
2. Execute -> mysqldump.exe -u root -P 33366 servciedesk > dumpfilename.sql
3. Once it is completed, under <ServiceDeskPlus_MSP>/mysql/bin directory a file named dumpfilename.sql will be created.
You don’t have to shut down the application while doing the above steps.
./mysqldump –defaults-file=/ServiceDeskPlus-MSP/mysql/bin/my_sd.cnf –port=33366 –socket=/ServiceDeskPlus-MSP/mysql/tmp/mysql.sock –disable-keys –user=root ServiceDesk > dumpfilenamenew.sql
MySQL Dump – Restore Procedure :
Note : Please remember to stop the mail fetching and change the OUTGOING mail server address to a dummy settings from Admin -> mail server settings. Else your new tickets will be fetched into this test system.
1. Install the application in a server.
2. Start and shut down the application once.
3. Navigate into <ServiceDeskPlus_MSP>/mysql/bin directory in your test installation and paste the taken .sql file.
4. Open a command prompt and navigate into <ServiceDeskPlus_MSP>/mysql/bin directory and execute -> mysql -u root -P 33366 servicedesk < dumpfilename.sql
mysql –port=33366 –user=root ServiceDesk < sdpmsp_8202_19May15.sql
5. Once the process is completed, please start the application and check the data.