1. Copy the servicedesk.txt file to /etc/init.d directory. You can download it from here
2. Create a new directory in the VAR folder using the command given below,
3. Move to the subsys directory, and execute the commands given below one by one.
chmod 777 servicedesk
4. Once again change the directory and go to /etc/init.d and execute below command,
update-rc.d -f <service> remove : Since you have already used update-rd.d command and created ‘servicedesk’ service, request you to execute the command and remove the service.
update-rc.d servicedesk defaults : Once the previous installed service is removed, execute this command.
sudo ./servicedesk start
5. Now you can restart the server and check whether the application can be accessed even without starting it from terminal.