User does not have the access privileges to perform this operation.
Such error messages are shown, if the User ID provided for scanning does not have sufficient access privileges to perform the scanning operation. Probably, this user does not belong to the administrator group of the workstation.
Either move the user to the Administrator Group or scan with an administrator (preferably a Domain Administrator) account.
Alternatively, You may also provide WMI Admin rights for the user in the target workstation as follows:
- In the target Windows Workstation, Click Start -> Run -> Type “wmimgmt.msc” and Press Enter
- Right Click on “WMI Control (LOCAL)” that is shown in the Right side Frame and Select Properties
- In the “WMI Control Properties” window that pops up, click the “Security” tab
- Select the “Root” node; Click the “Security” button at the right bottom corner.
- Add the User (configured for Domain Scan) and allow All Security Permissions.